TeamSpeak is offered by this club free for all members to use. It is simple to install on any Windows, Macintosh, or Linux PC. You may need a headset which you may purchase at WalMart for under $20 USD, Sometimes standard microphones and system speakers will not work well.
Note: If you are running a 64-Bit Operating System be certain to download the correct version. If you are not sure open “System Properties” on your computer.
The IP address we use is: 18.104.22.168
However, you may use: DocsPlace (Upper lower case doesn’t matter)
You do not need a port number on my TeamSpeak Server.
If you have any questions or need assistance please send Syxguns or Doc58 a private message on WGT.
- #1 on the left side select Capture
- #2 is the area where you may select push to talk or open mic. You have the option to select a button for push to talk. Many with headsets use this option.
- #3 is for voice activation. Go to another channel for testing. Press the Begin Test button and note where your voice is green. Don’t set it in the yellow area.
- #4 Make sure all are checked. The most important are Echo Reduction and Echo Cancellation.
- #5 Select this if you use push to talk
Difference between TeamSpeak and Skype:
- Unlike Skype, TeamSpeak 3 does not have background noise. In fact, TeamSpeak has probably the best audio quality you can find anywhere when it comes to VOIP software.
- With Skype you need to ‘add people’ in order to be able to call them. This is not only a useless process but you will end up having a huge list of people you don’t talk to anymore.
- What some people find very attractive about TeamSpeak 3 is that it offers first party support for iPhone and Android devices. You can install clients directly on your mobile devices and the services will work flawlessly.
- TeamSpeak 3 offers the invite buddy option. This means that you can invite friends with a single click as long as they have TeamSpeak 3 installed on their computer.
- TeamSpeak 3 offers a 3D sound feature. Therefore if you have a surround sound system then you will be able to position individual groups of people anywhere around you. This feature can be extremely helpful when it comes to online gaming where group cooperation is needed.
- TeamSpeak 3 also offers a file sharing feature. This way you can send and receive just about any type of files you want such as PDF documents, videos, screenshots or whatever.
- The TeamSpeak 3 client can be customized with cool skins and you can also install several addons for increased functionality.
- Although Skype also features a conference mode, with TeamSpeak 3 more people can join the same conference at the same time.
- TeamSpeak 3 has a better response time than Skype and it is also more user-friendly. Last but not least, Skype is also more resource intensive. It has a higher bandwidth usage and uses more CPU resources.